Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Seed was sown

On a recent visit to the historical Montsalvat, an amazing art community on the outskirts of Melbourne, I discovered a guitar maker (A Luther)who teaches the art of guitar making. 

Two days before the visit, I had received a phone call from my daughter Kia to say that her guitar (originally mine) had been stolen from school.
 It seemed coincidental that I would be staying in a house literally 10 minutes from the community and in discussing it further with Chris Wynne the Master Luther, I found out that he had a class scheduled for the exact days that I would be at the house. 
So... after convincing Kia that it would be a great thing for her to do, I booked her on a flight to Melbourne from Perth. I then booked both of us into the 2 week summer course to build our own guitars.


No comments:

Post a Comment